1.27.22 – Uphill Access Updates
January 27, 2022
This is such a great time to break out the skins and get a little exercise in the outdoors. Typically in the early season, we see less available terrain and restrict routes and hours simply to spread folks out and avoid possible uphill/downhill tangles. On January 12th, we expanded uphill access to all day, 7AM to 6PM, and added several designated routes. And we’ve also now added Home Again. For more information, make sure to check out our Uphill Access Policy page.
Our updated list of designated uphill routes are below:
A few important reminders:
- Only season pass holders, lift pack holders, day lift ticket holders, or GRC homeowner pass holders are allowed uphill access.
- All uphill users must have completed a release of liability.
- Uphill use is only designated for snowshoeing, skiing (telemark or alpine), or splitboarding.
- Uphill access is not permitted during night ski operations.
- Uphill access is strictly forbidden during winch cat operations.
- Sleds of any kind, including toboggans, snowmobiles, and any other sliding devices not mentioned are strictly prohibited.
- Child carrier packs and Thule Chariot or Burleys of all kinds are prohibited.
- Uphill users during ascent must stay on designated uphill trails, stay close to the treeline, and stay aware of downhill traffic. Downhill skiers and riders have the right of way.
We hope you’re all tremendously excited for the incredible snow conditions that we’re seeing right now and we look forward to seeing you out on the hill!
Check out more episodic content on projects, upcoming events, operations updates, strategic announcements, and more on the “Inside Granby Ranch” page of our website as well as on the Granby Ranch Resort app, available on iOS and Android devices.